Bromley Y’s participation group is made up of young people that have accessed our service and want to contribute to how our service is designed, delivered and monitored. We work on monthly projects in an attempt to reach these aims and in addition, raise awareness about mental health issues and reduce any stigma that can be attached.
The young people would define the group as:
- Spending time with people who have been through similar difficulties.
- A chance to give back to Bromley Y and educate others about mental health.
- An opportunity to listen to what is going on in the service and ensure that it is young-person led.
- A chance to be involved with young peoples care.
- Something to look forward to and have fun.
“This group has changed my life completely, my outlook on life is a lot more positive and this is the one day a week that I feel most comfortable and positive. I’ve made a lot of new friends who have similar fears to me and our energy bounces off each other. It also gives me a link to Bromley Y in the best way.” Participation Group Member
“The Bromley Y participation group was most helpful because I felt very alone with my problems but now I have others who I can be myself around and help spread awareness about mental illness to other young people that are struggling”
Take a look at how you can get involved: Participation Poster